-
August 17th, 2003, 11:38 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Just wondering - as I shot a movie on super8 - my first movie actually - about 10 years ago - and i took a look at it a while ago, - but it isnt looking great - the splices seem to be coming undone - any ideas where i should keep it - so it stays good?
Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
August 19th, 2003, 05:39 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Store it in a cool, dry place.
However, tape splices are just going to break down after a certain amount of time.
If you REALLY want to preserve it for a long, long time, you should go back and replace your splices with cement splices, but it's obviously a ton of work to do that.
Matt Pacini
-
August 21st, 2003, 12:31 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I dont think I would attempt to resplice it all - its got a lot of splices in it - I may try to fix it up good enough to get it transferred to digital video or dvd or something. Is a tin a good place to keep it for now? Ive got it in a small biscuit tin - wrapped in clear plastic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks